Re: Quake 2 sources GPL'd

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 10:48:09AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 01:42:41PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> > blimpo:~# gcc
> > gcc: No input files
> >
> > You have to write or get code for gcc. Should we deliver a hello.c with
> > gcc to meet those same requirements? You do realize that there are
>
> You might be surprised to learn that we actually ship quite a bit
> of C source code in Debian suitable for use with gcc.

The point is that quake2-engine is a building block. If I create a
library for developing programs, does it go into contrib until someone
writes a program that uses it? Certainly not. It goes into main so that
it can be used.

Ben

/                   Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux                  \