Re: ITO: several packages available for adoption

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 12:01:13PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > They will probably also want to fix the lintian errors while they're at it;
> > most of them are trivial and could be corrected in the first upload:
> >
> > http://lintian.debian.org/reports/mCraig_Sanders.html
>
> What would be really cool would be for Lintian to check the required text
> for spelling errors according to the Debian template. While this one time
> sweep has been very helpful, things change with time and errors creep in.
> Having a standard way to deal with this without having to remember to
> break out the spell checker would be a very nice enhancement to Lintian.

There actually is a spelling check already in Lintian, but I can well
imagine that its dictionary could do with being enhanced or replaced
with a call to ispell.

Check-Script: spelling
Author: Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl>
Abbrev: spl
Standards-Version: 3.2.0
Type: binary
Unpack-Level: 1
Info: This script looks for common spelling errors.
Needs-Info: copyright-file, debian-readme

Tag: spelling-error-in-description
Type: error
Info: Lintian found a spelling error in the package description.
 Lintian has a list of common misspellings that it looks for;
 it does not have a dictionary like a spelling checker does.

Tag: spelling-error-in-copyright
Type: error
Info: Lintian found a spelling error in the copyright file.
 Lintian has a list of common misspellings that it looks for;
 it does not have a dictionary like a spelling checker does.

Tag: spelling-error-in-readme-debian
Type: error
Info: Lintian found a spelling error in the README.Debian file.