Re: ITO: several packages available for adoption

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 12:01:21AM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > Adam Heath wrote:
> > > I see you don't even know how to use wnpp.
> >
> > He just doesn't want to "spam" us.
> >
> > FWIW, folks who adopt these packages may want to reopen some of their
> > minor bugs..
>
> They will probably also want to fix the lintian errors while they're at it;
> most of them are trivial and could be corrected in the first upload:
>
> http://lintian.debian.org/reports/mCraig_Sanders.html

What would be really cool would be for Lintian to check the required text
for spelling errors according to the Debian template. While this one time
sweep has been very helpful, things change with time and errors creep in.
Having a standard way to deal with this without having to remember to
break out the spell checker would be a very nice enhancement to Lintian.

Waiting is,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-