Re: Conditional packages

On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 08:04:39PM +0200, Eray Ozkural (exa) wrote:
> On Sunday 16 December 2001 12:41, Richard Atterer wrote:
> > IMHO distributing a debian/ dir with upstream sources is a bad thing.
> > You should not do it even if you are both upstream and the Debian
> > maintainer - one day this may no longer be true, and whoever is your
> > successor as the package maintainer won't like that situation!
>
> An interesting idea. Perhaps I should not be distributing any
> sources because they might get in the way of my successors if I
> choose the abandon them.

Troll. Read *all* of my message - my suggestion is to rename debian/
to deb/ and then create a symlink in ./configure.

debian/ dirs in upstream packages are not nice if the Debian packager
wants to remove any of the upstream files in debian/: This is only
possible with "rm" commands in debian/rules.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _