Re: latest gnome packages not in sid?

Shaya Potter <spotter@cs.columbia.edu> wrote:
[...]
>> Then, why dont you go off and file some wishlist "new upstream revision"
>> bugs?

> Because when I was a maintainer, I didn't like spurious bug reports.  I
> assume the maintainer knows about the new versions, and therefore has
> some logic why its not being packaged, and he does, and we're discussing
> it.

Hello,
If you filed them and discussed it with the maintainer in the BTS
anybody who had the same question (why isn't it there?) could easily
find the information in the canonic place. Especially if the upstream
version is much higher there'll be other peole with the same question.
The BTS is not a hall of shame but a wonderful source of information.
            cu andreas