Re: Usage of usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps

#include <hallo.h>
Tille, Andreas wrote on Mon Dec 17, 2001 um 01:49:10PM:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
> > Previously Tille, Andreas wrote:
> > > Perhaps a general solution like
> > >
> > >     /usr/share/menu/pixmaps

An updated "menu" package could move the old
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps directory to "/usr/share/pixmaps/icons"
and make a compatibility symlink.

> > That is silly, those pixmaps are perfectly useable directly by
> > C source code with a #include and by moving them that would no
> > longer be possible.

But those files are normally not used as includes. Argumenting your way,
you can claim all pixmaps to be development files and force putting them
into include directories.

> would make it a little bit more general I think it would make sense.
> At least I would wish such a more general idea - symlinks to xpm/xbm
> files can be placed to the include directory.

Yes. And people looking for pixmaps can find all them somewhere in
/usr/share/pixmaps.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-reports
on it, you know they are just evil lies."