Re: Usage of usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously Tille, Andreas wrote:
> > Perhaps a general solution like
> >
> >     /usr/share/menu/pixmaps
> >
> > would be appropriate.
>
> That is silly, those pixmaps are perfectly useable directly by
> C source code with a #include and by moving them that would no
> longer be possible.
While correct for the xpm files in question yes, but if we think about
icons in any format which could be interpreted by the menu system which
would make it a little bit more general I think it would make sense.
At least I would wish such a more general idea - symlinks to xpm/xbm
files can be placed to the include directory.

Kind regards

         Andreas.