Forcing debconf to use default answers

[Joey Hess]
> Write a filtering DbDriver that sits overtop of a normal db and, for
> certian questions (or questions with certian owners), always claims
> the seen flag is set when that flag is retrieved.
>
> I've been meaning to write this for a while, but have not gotten
> around to it.

Sounds like a good idea.  Is there some way to activate such driver
during the first install?  We are building a special purpose CD, and
would like to provide override answers to all the questions asked by
debconf, but would also like to use the original debconf and just make
an extra package to install on the CD.