Re: forced modification of XF86Config-4 - Bug or Feature?

On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 16:50, Jason Thomas wrote:
> this happened to me too with 4.1.0-10 but not previous with the previous
> versions of 4.1.0 that I know of.

Is there some way to prevent debconf scripts running for selected
packages? For instance, I haven't personally needed the prompts from the
"cvs", "xserver-*", "slapd" packages at all for a long time; they mostly
seem useful the first time you install the package.

At the moment they're just scripts in
/var/lib/dpkg/info/<package>.postinst so I chuck "exit 0" in there, but
a less hack-ish solution (and a more permenant one) would be nice.
Perhaps it would be nice to seperate the question based sections of
postinst scripts from the sections that must be carried out to ensure an
upgrade goes cleanly..

So, is there any clean way for me to tell the system never to display
prompts for certain packages?

Cheers,
Grahame

--
Grahame Bowland                       Email: grahame@ucs.uwa.edu.au
University Communications Services    Phone: +61 8 9380 1175