Re: bug report against calamaris: what severity?

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:49:18 -0500,
David B Harris <dbarclay10@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> If I understand correctly, you're saying that on the first install
> of Calamaris, it could possibly overwrite what's already in /var/www .
> I say *first*, because if this was the second or subsequent run, you will
> have already modified /etc/calamaris.conf
$ ls /var/www/calamaris/
daily.html  weekly.html
$ ls /etc/calamaris*
ls: /etc/calamaris*: No such file or directory
$ dpkg -s calamaris
Package: calamaris
Section: utils

$ sudo dpkg -i calamaris_2.42-4_all.deb
Selecting previously deselected package calamaris.
(Reading database ... 23637 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking calamaris (from calamaris_2.42-4_all.deb) ...
Setting up calamaris (2.42-4) ...

$ cat /etc/calamaris.conf
# configuration file for calamaris
# by Philipp Frauenfelder <pfrauenf@debian.org>
# 1998-10-09

# There are three categories: daily, weekly and monthly. For each of these
# one line is responsible. There must be a line for each category but only
# one.

# cat: [daily|weekly|monthly]
# mailto: mailaddress, eg. root
# webto: path incl. file name, eg. /var/www/calamaris/daily.html.
#        The script does currently not check wether the directory
#        exists and fails with a rather ugly error.
# todo: [nothing|mail|web|both]
# title: try it :-)

# cat:mailto:webto:todo:title
daily:root:/var/www/calamaris/daily.html:both:'Squid daily'
weekly:root:/var/www/calamaris/weekly.html:both:'Squid weekly'
monthly:root:/var/www/calamaris/monthly.html:both:'Squid monthly'
# what log files should be parsed: [auto|squid|oops]
#       auto: tries to find the log files in this order: squid, oops
#       squid: parses a squid log file if available
#       oops: parses a oops log file if available
cache=auto
$ exit

I set the priority of debconf to "critical".  I love a non-interactive
install.  By the way, the files in /var/www/calamaris above are dummy.
(0 byte, made by the command "touch")

> I would personally suggest you file a wishlist bug asking the maintainer
> to up the priority of the debconf question(though not through the BTS,
> just privately). I doubt they'd up the priority, but I could be wrong.
How about changing the default of calamaris/*/task from "both" to "mail"?

--
Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
Graduate-school of Science, Kyoto University