Re: [RFC] GTK+ theme naming

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:07:25 +0100
Filip Van Raemdonck <mechanix@debian.org> wrote:

> What I (right now) think makes most sense, is splitting the engine themes up
> into an gtk-engine and a gtk-theme package. I know that it does at least for
> the one I'd like to package, because the theme is known as Crux but the
> engine is called "eazel engine" - now what should a single gtk-engine
> package be called?

Call it either gtk-engines-crux, or gtk-engines-eazel, but
I think it is known more under the name of the theme.

I should think including the theme as a sample of using of the
engine is a fine thing, but trying to create gtk-themes-* packages
would be over the top.

> And how about the naming for engine packages? Would it be bad if I break the
> habit and call it gtk-engine-eazel instead of using "-engines-", since it
> does only contain one?

Yes. Just stick to engines.
I don't think many of the "engines" have more than one engine anyway.

People may want to install with gtk-engines-\*, and
there is no reason to break it.

regards,
	junichi

--