[RFC] GTK+ theme naming

Hi,

Right now in Debian unstable there are 10 GTK+ themes present:

* gtk-engines-begtk and gtk-engines-flat, packaged by Daniel Burrows;
* gtk-engines-gtkstep, packaged by Adam Klein;
* gtk-engines-metal, gtk-engines-notif, gtk-engines-pixmap,
  gtk-engines-raleigh and gtk-engines-redmond95, packaged by Ed Boraas;
* gtk-engines-thinice, packaged by Stephen Crowley;
* and finally gtk-engines-xenophilia, packaged by Miroslaw L. Baran.

As far as I've been able to figure out, only the five packages packaged by
Ed Boraas actually really come from the gnome gtk-engines package. All other
are separate packages from separate upstream sources, which are named
totally different as well.

Thus my question: why are all these packages called gtk-engines-foo?
For Eds packages, it makes sense, although it would probably be more correct
to call them gtk-engine-foo as each of them contains only one theme engine;
but for the others there's no valid reason at all.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking into packaging the eazel engine
(aka the Crux theme), and wanted to check how other people did it. However,
when using the search feature and looking for theme I couldn't find anything
gtk related. It was only after grepping for usr/share/themes in the
Contents.gz file that I found out how all the themes were named. Not exactly
the way we want users to find out what packages they should install, I
suppose.

So, should I be consistent with the others, and name mine gtk-engines-crux
(or gtk-engines-eazel), or should I name it different (gtk-theme-crux
perhaps) and in the latter case, should the others - except for the five
"real" gtk-engines packages - change names as well?

Regards,

Filip

--
"Students who successfully accomplish this task will be given extra credit
 (and a complete psychiatric examination)."