Re: What happened to libgtkhtml19 in unstable?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 10:57:28AM +0100, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
> That's not a guarantee at all. As a libgal developer explained to me:
> "GAL is not meant to be api stable.  It role is to provide a place
> to share code and to develop new interfaces.  When things
> stabilize they move down into gnome or gtk.".

If there's no stable api *at all*, then wouldn't it make sense for
apps that want to use GAL stuff to just rip it out, and plonk it into
their own source trees?  As well as renaming the symbols of course, so
you get no conflicts.

--
Adam Olsen, aka Rhamphoryncus