Making mutt more friendly towards site customizations

Hi,

Please take a look at bug #122993 and tell Marco (mutt's Debian maintainer)
and me what you think.

Basically, I'm requesting either of the following:

- adding a "source /etc/Muttrc.local" at the bottom of the default
/etc/Muttrc

- splitting the default Muttrc into several files by functionality group
(e.g. separate file for colour settings, for pgp settings, for header
weeding etc).

In the latter case, all files except Muttrc could reside under a /etc/mutt
directory and be sourced by /etc/Muttrc (which would contain only 'source'
statements).

The advantage would be that merging upstream default configuration
changes/fixes by hand would become easier, and on many occasions
unnecessary.

I am not aware of disadvantages, yet Marco seems to be reluctant to
implement the change; instead, he urged me to 'take the issue up on
debian-devel', which I'm now doing.

Please Cc: me or the bug address with replies.

Andrew

--
            Andrew Korn (Korn Andras) <korn@chardonnay.math.bme.hu>
             Finger korn@chardonnay.math.bme.hu for pgp key. QOTD: