Re: Need new key signed (live in NYC)

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 02:56:31PM -0800, martin f krafft wrote:
> uhm, why not just change the expiration date? from what i understand,
> the expiration is only applicable to a public key, the private key can
> be changed in terms of expiration... or am i wrong?

It doesn't matter - a new key, signed by another DD, is already waiting
for keyring-maint to act upon it. Anyway even after I did your
suggestion, people still said that they were told when verifying my
signature that my key had expired. So a new one was necessary.

> actually, your signing key can be changed in terms of expiration, your
> encrypting key will expire, but that one is independent of
> signatures...

I would want them to be the same key, even if the above problem did not
happen.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org

gpg key at http://jimmy.kaplowitz.org/jimmy/mykey or on public keyservers