Re: Making mutt more friendly towards site customizations

KORN Andras wrote:
> Please take a look at bug #122993 and tell Marco (mutt's Debian maintainer)
> and me what you think.
>

> Basically, I'm requesting either of the following:
>
> - adding a "source /etc/Muttrc.local" at the bottom of the default
> /etc/Muttrc
>
> - splitting the default Muttrc into several files by functionality group
> (e.g. separate file for colour settings, for pgp settings, for header
> weeding etc).

I agree with Marco that this is not a good idea. Not only because /etc
has already too many files, but also because this would force him to change
the manual in a radical way, and would make his work of updating the package
from upstream much harder.

Modifying your own /etc/Muttrc so that it sources /etc/Muttrc.local
seems a much better solution to your problem. If the problem is that
you have to do this in a lot of computers, consider using scp.

[ In either case, *wishlist* bugs are not to be reopened again and again
  once the maintainer has told you he thinks it's not a good idea ].