Re: packaging pine

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 04:57:33PM +0100, Michael De Nil wrote:

> why is pine not packed for debian ?

A modified version of pine cannot be distributed. And if pine is not
modified it cannot be Debian policy compatible. Read the license, Luke.

> people on the #debian chat told me that it sucks, but I think it's a great
> mailclient and that the user should find out if he likes it or not.

Well, it *does* suck. However, have you noticed there's pine-src? That
the only legal way of distributing it. RH (and others) do breake the
license when they distribute it.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -w --  Ari Makela <hauva@arska.org> http://arska.org/hauva/ #

Finger hauva@laphroaig.arska.org for GPG public key.