Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 11:01:39PM +0100, Anders Arnholm wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 09:21:37AM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > > free software is good. If some software has to be non-free untill better
> > > alternatives arise let it be soo.
> > They arose years ago, in the shape of Linux and the Hurd. Guess you
> > were too busy using non-free systems to notice...
>
> ON the same way, as long as users of Windows knows that Debian
> GNU/Linux is the alternative where nothing works. And nothing in there
> world so far is IE, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word. Then they won't use
> Debian even if they get it installed. If hey on the other hand get used
> to all the good software in Debian the slow and easy way, not restarting
> just adding it, some, a few more might thing that it's actually usefull.
> Then open-source gains... I like to see this as a possitive change,
> instead of them talking bad about Debian that cant be use for anything
> usefull.

I will not be a part of any effort to evangelise open-source software
to people who do not already use it, and I will object strongly to
anybody attempting to do this under the Debian banner. These arguments
only serve to further convince me that this should not be a part of
Debian.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK