Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 01:19:11PM -0800, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:48:49PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >
> > What part of this port is non-free?
> the kernel.

I don't think anyone is arguing to dirtribute the kernel in this case,
distributing the kernel as you call it will shurely give some problems
with the lawyers from a big company. So the non-free code will not be a
part of any port.

> > The only non-free component I know of is the target OS, which has nothing
> > to do with the content of the port.
> take out the kernel, and what do you have?

The stuff that makes you feel at home, personaly i many cases I don't
care what the kernel is as ling as my shell, my windowmanager and the
softeware works tha same. Them may it be Linux, SunOS, OpenBSD, or
something else in the bottom. The kernel is only a small part of the
system and is possible to change.

/ Balp
--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,               HiQ - Consultant
 o/  /\    anders@arnholm.nu             Phone  : +46-703-160969