Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:31:39 +0100
Peter Makholm <peter@makholm.net> wrote:

> And I say: 'Do call it Debian; it could only be a win for the
> project'. See a problem here? We don't agree on a very basic point.
>
> I thinks it would be double standards if FSF wan't us to call Linux
> with GNU user space for GNU/Linux and say we can't call Windows with
> GNU userspace for GNU/Windows. It wouldn't suprise me but it is not
> something we can decide here.

I thought it was Debian GNU/Linux because we are using
GNU toolchain to build Linux, or something.

In analogy, we would have

Debian cygwin/fenestra

or whatever you might call it.

Naming is not really important, and I really couldn't care.
Why insist on calling it Debian, or calling cygwin system
GNU/win32, when they themselves moved on from
calling themselves from similar name?

regards,
	junichi

--