Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

Peter Makholm <peter@makholm.net> writes:

> Yes but hiding free software doesn't help that. No -- making free
> software and useable option for users of closed software helps
> bringing more people to the open source world.

Nobody's trying to "hide" anything.

> The free/open source revolution hasn't happend yet. We can't just stop
> expanding our userbase and think we got enough impact. By making free
> software useable on any system helps the free software movement.

This is not necessarily true.

> Free software for Windows can only be a win for the free software
> community.

This is not necessarily true.

Still, people are free to go ahead with their project.  I don't demand
that people not do it--how could I?  I only say: "don't call it GNU;
don't call it Debian; don't use Debian's resources".

Thomas