Re: Sylpheed BUG on "autodetect codeset" Re: libglib1.2 falling behind libgtk1.2??

On Fri, 07 Dec 2001 18:17:05 +0900 (JST)
Akira TAGOH <tagoh@debian.org> wrote:

> Well, that option provides several debugging
> solution. however basically if the users doesn't need it,
> those codes should be run. I mean when the developers need
> any debugging info, they have to add args like
> --gtk-debug. but maybe those codes is not doing more
> tests. so that even if they don't need any debugging info,
> the applications may be not runs correctly.
>
> I don't know why sylpheed can't detect the codeset
> automatically, but a certain trouble may occur in the
> portion using gdk or gtk widget.

I've objdump -T'd both -6 and -7 libs,
and it seems many things are different.

I was suspecting that some symbols are undefined in one while available
on another.

But I am now not quite sure what was causing the problem.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer