Re: apache non-free?

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 17:08:23 -0800
"Adam McKenna" <adam@debian.org> wrote:

>  Unless we have an official letter from Apache saying that we
> can call our package "Apache", then we are in violation and we should
fix
> this.  It may not be the most important thing for us to do right now,
but it
> should at least be on the list.

Wouldnt a letter specific to debian would violate point 8 of the DFSG

8. License Must Not Be Specific to Debian

The rights attached to the program must not depend on the program's
being part of a Debian system. If the program is extracted from Debian
and used or distributed without Debian but otherwise within the terms of
the program's license, all parties to whom the program is redistributed
should have the same rights as those that are granted in conjunction
with the Debian system.

Glenn