Re: update_excuses zope (also related to Bug #122443)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Tille, Andreas wrote:

> Hello,

Hi Andreas,

>     http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html
>
> says:
>
> * zope (2.3.3-1 to 2.4.2-0.2)
>
>     * Maintainer: Gregor Hoffleit
>     * 36 days old (needed 10 days)
>     * Valid candidate
>
> and
>
> auric:~> madison zope
>       zope |   2.1.6-10 |        stable | source, alpha, arm, i386, m68k, powerpc, sparc
>       zope |    2.3.3-1 |       testing | source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
>       zope |    2.3.3-1 |      unstable | hurd-i386, sh
>       zope |  2.4.2-0.2 |      unstable | source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips, mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc
>

> Well zope has a critical bug (#122443) but I wonder about the time after
> the 10 days zope was in unstable without critical bugs and compiled for
> all architectures.  Why did it not went into testing earlier?

It's hard to say because without opdate_output this information is now no
longer available. A problem is that there are versions of zope-emarket,
zope-guf and zope-loginmanager (and perhaps other packages as well) in
testing the zope package conflicts with.  Since upgrading zope would mean
to make these packages will become uninstallable the new zope will never
make it into testing before newer versions of these packages will be in
testing.

> Kind regards
>
>          Andreas.

cu
Adrian

--

Get my GPG key: finger bunk@debian.org | gpg --import

Fingerprint: B29C E71E FE19 6755 5C8A  84D4 99FC EA98 4F12 B400