Re: libglib1.2 falling behind libgtk1.2??

On 05 Dec 2001 13:51:27 -0500
safemode <safemode@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 13:21, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 01:08:26 -0500
> > "Steve M. Robbins" <steven.robbins@videotron.ca> wrote:
> >
> > > Windows occasionally disappear while flipping workspaces at a normal
> > > pace, too.  This has been going on for a week or so, and is darned
> > > annoying ...
> > exactly what happens here with sylpheed and galeon, but it happens with
> > icewm also (I had this problem with icewm and sawfish-gnome with 4
> > workspaces, but always under gnome)
> I dont run gnome. but some of my apps are gnome apps. some are plain
> gtk.  all of them have this problem.
well, it seems many of us are having the problem, now we should
go for a solution, I'm contacting gtk/glib's maintainer in the
CC

Hello Akira, do you know this problem? is it possible that the
trigger of all this is the lag between libgtk and libglib?
It doesn't seem to be a gnome problem or an app-specific problem.
It has come to appear a week or so ago, so could those backported
patches be the problem? (see 1.2.10-5 changelog)?

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |