libglib1.2 falling behind libgtk1.2??

It seems that libgtk was updated quite a lot and libglib hasn't been
since 1.2.10-3. libgtk is now at 1.2.10-6 and the compilation
differences are starting to show. I'm getting frequent gdk errors that
cause the app to segfault.  This happens across all gtk apps i've had
running.   If nobody else is seeing this i'll chalk it up to my X
server, but the only thing that's changed since it worked fine to now is
the latest packages of libgtk1.2 and libgtk1.2-common.