Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]
- To: Peter Mathiasson <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]
- From: Dale Scheetz <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:22:45 -0500 (EST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1011203162022.11124N-100000@dwarf>
- In-reply-to: <20011203204208.B1177@edelstoff>
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Peter Mathiasson wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 12:04:33PM -0600, Ean Schuessler wrote:
> > Regardless of what we call it I think that a Debianization of w32 Free
> > Software would be a genuine Good Thing(tm). We have a stable of Windows
> > users here that we cannot move to Linux for one reason or another
> > (Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3D StudioMax, etc.) and it would
> > be a boon if we could apt-get install various Free tools on their
> > machines.
> Wouldn't it be better to help making wine support thoose applications?
> Or, even better of course, make free compatible software.
While they are both great ideas, the don't speak to M$ users wishes to run
free software on their OS. This port provides Free Software that runs on
their platform. This is, to me, a good thing to do. We are, after all, in
the "business" of providing Free Software to as many people as we possibly
can, aren't we?
_-_-_-_-_- Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux" _-_-_-_-_-_-
_- aka Dale Scheetz Phone: 1 (850) 656-9769 _-
_- Flexible Software 11000 McCrackin Road _-
_- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tallahassee, FL 32308 _-
_-_-_-_-_- Released under the GNU Free Documentation License _-_-_-_-
available at: http://www.polaris.net/~dwarf/