Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

Craig Dickson <crdic@yahoo.com> writes:

> As to whether the GNU or Debian names should be associated with a
> Cygwin- based Debian distribution, I think the issue has been beaten to
> death without conclusive resolution in this thread. The sensible thing
> to do is submit the question to the FSF and the Debian Project. Whether
> this is legally required or not, it seems like the polite the thing to
> do.

Anyone wanting to use the name "GNU" should talk it over with the
FSF.

If there is a proposal to attach the name "Debian" to such a project,
it's for the Debian Project to decide, and I for one would vote
against such a proposal.

Thomas