Re: [2001-11-29] Freeze Update

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 01:09:27PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> More or less experience, but:
>  - how to you make sure that package do not build dependency chains, so
>    they can be extracted out of Sid and be taken to Woody

You can't. Build-deps aren't checked for testing at the moment (and have
never been).

>  - how can I maintainer tell to FTP master or their scripts that _this_
>    version is to be frozen, and the newer versions are allready
>    experimts with new features and not meant for testing? AFAICS there
>    is no such interface between maintainers and FTP maintainers.

File a serious bug against your package, with the version where you started
making changes given in the Version: pseudo-header. cf:

]   serious
]          is a severe violation of Debian policy (that is, it violates a
]          "must" or "required" directive), or, in the package
]          maintainer's opinion, makes the package unsuitable for release.
			-- http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer

Or you could upload your experiments to experimental instead.

> I see trouble, sooner or later.

That's okay.

Cheers,
aj