Re: [2001-11-29] Freeze Update

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 08:20:24PM -0600, Anthony Towns wrote:
> It would be helpful if people would stop second guessing me at this point
> 'til after the release when there's actually a reasonable opportunity to
> change things. But hey, whatever.

I think we all acknowledge that release management is a difficult and
thankless task.  And I'm ernomously grateful to you for taking it on.

The fact is that the current procedure is both more complex and
cleverer than the freeze procedure we are used to.  As far as I know,
it's also undocumented (correct me if I'm wrong). Hence there are
lots of questions: people want to understand what's going to happen to
their packages; they want to know the justification for certain
choices.

Don't take it as criticism...

Jules