Re: find installed testing/unstable packages in mixed potato/sid

Peter Makholm writes:
 > Christoph Martin <martin@uni-mainz.de> writes:
 >
 > > I just want to find out which packages have a higher version number
 > > than is in stable. That is, if the packages which come from testing
 > > have a new version in testing, but leaving all stable packages alone.
 >
 > You can pin single packages so you use most of the packages from stable
 > but a couple of packages from testing:
 >
 > xyzzy% cat /etc/apt/preferences
 > Package: sarien
 > Pin: release a=unstable
 > Pin-Priority: 1000
 >
 > Package: *
 > Pin: release a=testing
 > Pin-Priority: 990
 > xyzzy%
 >

 > So I'm using the sarien-package from unstable but all other packages
 > from testing. I'm not quite sure how depencies is handled.

Ok. That is a way if I know which packages I have installed from
testing or unstable. But I have a couple of packages from testing that
came in via depends on others and I could'nt keep track of them
all. So first of all I want to find all the packages which I have from
testing/unstable. After that I can think about pinning.

Christoph