Re: find installed testing/unstable packages in mixed potato/sid

Peter Makholm <peter@makholm.net> writes:

> Christoph Martin <martin@uni-mainz.de> writes:
>
> > Any hints? Do we have a tool for this?
>
> Doesn't apt-get with the right preferences-file solve you problem?

The apt in woody can selective installs from testing or unstable,
yes. But if I do an apt-get upgrade only the packages with my main
distribution (which is stable) will be upgraded. The testing packages
will be ignored because they have a newer version than the stable
one. If I change the preferences to testing having a higher priority,
apt would upgrade all the packages to testing, which I don't want.

I just want to find out which packages have a higher version number
than is in stable. That is, if the packages which come from testing
have a new version in testing, but leaving all stable packages alone.

Christoph