Re: [logcheck] I hear you...

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>  Nyyaaahh.  I'm taking over.  I'm in charge now.  I offed the cabal.

Sorry, you are not qualified for taking over yet. Come back when your
underwear is black, and when you know the s3kr1t w0rd that makes cows sing.

>     >> Hey, I wonder if it's possible to just overload "echo"?'
[...]
>  s/sick/slick/ ;-) What's the matter with that idea?  Why do you
>  say I am a very sick person?  Can you elucidate?

It will break a lot of scripts in very unfunny ways. Hint: people use echo |
or echo > in shell scripts sometimes...

IF you are going to put some serious work in the area, go read the LSB. They
have the exit codes defined already. Then read Debian policy, and update it
to conform to the LSB (mostly done already).  Then write sample code and
convert the worst scripts to it as a proof that it really works :P  THEN
request that we second and approve the policy change.

  Henrique Holschuh