Re: [vhost-base] no, really this time

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 10:34:51PM +0100, Fabbione wrote:
> HI Daniel,
> 		I have right a couple of questions/comments but you can blame me if Im
> wrong. BTW I don't wanna make a war against FHS and so on. That's just
> my opinion as debian user since looong time now...
>
> I think you should remove /etc/apache2/build that contains some libtool
> stuff.

No, apxs2 and friends need this, so it cannot be removed.

> Always in /etc/apache2 there are some exaple configuration files... what
> about /usr/share/doc/apache2/conf/examples ????? In the first instance I
> got shocked :) looking at all of them.... ehehehehe

That's actually a good idea, I'll do that.

> From what I have seen in order to enable a module this needs to be
> copied (probably a link is enough) inside mods-enabled. hmmm what about:
> mv modules mods-available ???

Again, sounds like a good idea, done. I had an sh script to do this, but
it appears to be gone.

> In /etc/apache2/sites/ there are 2 defaults. I think they should also go
> in /usr/share/doc/apache2/conf/examples. Otherwise it might be nice to
> have a script that during the installation create automatically a
> default for the site. It might be helpfull for people approching this
> new way of configuring apache.

*nod*. They're already there, I think. :)

(hint: addhost --type=web foo)

> and then just a simple question. I remember there were a long thread on
> this list regarding the way apache2 should be pck'ed to be FHS standard
> but to be hounest I was not interested at the time.
> In my /var/www/ there is now a usr/[lib|share] with quite some things
> inside. Do they have to stay there?????? Is that normal or is just a pkg
> mistake???

There is no usr/{lib,share} in /var/www. apache2 doesn't actually touch
/var/www; it touches the virtual host subdirectories in /var/vhosts.

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
<aj> DanielS: you've never swum in the murray river have you?
> aj: for i in have will; echo never $i; done
* aj marvels at how much more efficient Unix scripting is than doing
things long hand