Re: [vhost-base] no, really this time

HI Daniel,
I have right a couple of questions/comments but you can blame me if Im wrong. BTW I don't wanna make a war against FHS and so on. That's just my opinion as debian user since looong time now...

I think you should remove /etc/apache2/build that contains some libtool stuff.

Always in /etc/apache2 there are some exaple configuration files... what about /usr/share/doc/apache2/conf/examples ????? In the first instance I got shocked :) looking at all of them.... ehehehehe

From what I have seen in order to enable a module this needs to be copied (probably a link is enough) inside mods-enabled. hmmm what about:
mv modules mods-available ???

In /etc/apache2/sites/ there are 2 defaults. I think they should also go in /usr/share/doc/apache2/conf/examples. Otherwise it might be nice to have a script that during the installation create automatically a default for the site. It might be helpfull for people approching this new way of configuring apache.

and then just a simple question. I remember there were a long thread on this list regarding the way apache2 should be pck'ed to be FHS standard but to be hounest I was not interested at the time. In my /var/www/ there is now a usr/[lib|share] with quite some things inside. Do they have to stay there?????? Is that normal or is just a pkg mistake???

Thanks a lot
Fabbione

Daniel Stone wrote:

*sigh*
The reason why you got 404s is because I converted piro to use the new
debs, and in the process conveniently forgot that rewrite rules were
per-host, so my rewrite rules weren't working.

Anyway, I've fixed a couple of minor bugs in vhost-base, and I believe
it's OK, and apache2 just needs a little fixing up.

So:
http://piro.kabuki.sfarc.net/apache2
(Yes, that's now being rewritten to ~daniel/apache2-apt).

Note that I haven't bumped any of the versions, scream at me if you
really want me to, but I only ever saw one attempt to get it, which
failed, so *shrug*.

:) d

--
Debian GNU/Linux Unstable Kernel 2.4.15