Re: [vhost-base] no, really this time

On 23-Nov-01, 16:37 (CST), Daniel Stone <daniel@sfarc.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 10:34:51PM +0100, Fabbione wrote:
> >
> > I think you should remove /etc/apache2/build that contains some libtool
> > stuff.
>
> No, apxs2 and friends need this, so it cannot be removed.

Are they really user/admin modifiable configuration files? Or
just tied to the debian build? If the latter, they should go in
/usr/share/apache2.

> > Always in /etc/apache2 there are some exaple configuration files... what
> > about /usr/share/doc/apache2/conf/examples ????? In the first instance I
> > got shocked :) looking at all of them.... ehehehehe
>
> That's actually a good idea, I'll do that.

If they are pure examples, then /usr/share/doc... is the right place. If
they are used as templates by the install script or by the vhost setup
commands, then they also need to be under /usr/share/apache2 -- I should
be able to rm -rf /usr/share/doc and lose no functionality.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net>