Re: apt-update via patches

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 09:55:07AM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> > You won't get much similarity betwen two deb files. You need to extract
> > the data.tar.gz and gunzip it produce a diff between that and its
> > successor. I don't imagine that that's the sort of functionality you'd
> > have in a generic httpable-client-rsync.
>
> If the deb format was modified so that the gzip used in data.tar.gz
> was rsync firendly, you would then have some success.
>
> I doubt it would be quite as good as unpacking by hand.

we don't need modified the deb format!

The rsync firendly data.tar.gz is a normal data.tar.gz and is full
compatible. We must only use it.

Gruss
Grisu
"Herr, schmeiss Hirn vom Himmel ... ;-)" "Wozu? es wuerde vermutlich ohnehin
 die falschen Treffen... ;-)"        -- Hannes Birnbacher und Juergen Ilse