Re: Woody in Testing

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 08:49:29PM +1100, Brian May wrote:

> On a perhaps completely unrelated note, if I go to
> <URL:http://packages.debian.org/mozilla>, it says that there are two
> versions of the "mozilla" package in testing.
>
> How is this possible? I was always under the impression that only one
> version of a package could ever be in a particular distribution at the
> same time. Is this an indication of a bug somewhere?

Following the links from that page, you'll see why both packages are
available.

Following the first testing link you will see:
 Package: mozilla 2:0.9.5-5 [non-us]
And on the second:
 Package: mozilla M18-3

They are not actually in the same distribution, as the new mozilla is in
woody/non-US rather than woody.  I imagine if someone reminds the ftp
admins they'll remove the crufty M18 packages.

--
Steven Barker                                      scbarker@uiuc.edu
  I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.