Re: Processed: severity

#include <hallo.h>
Joey Hess wrote on Sat Nov 17, 2001 um 11:46:06AM:

> Hah. Aj, if you want to make me really happy, just make debootstrap
> download the then-useless debs after it has used them to build a chroot.
>
> You probably don't want to do this, but it does allow installs to work
> better on a minority of systems with limited disk space.

And what is the problem with checking the free disk space or even asking
the user after showing him df stats? What?

Ethan's suggestion does improve things.
Ethan's suggestion does not hurt anyone if implemented correctly.
=> Ethan's suggestion is worth to be implemented.

Why do you start to fuck the bug reporters and to bitch here about the
severity-ping-pong instead of just asking the people whether such change
is usefull or not? If you think, the maintainer is allways right, please

 - stop accepting the bug reports which are not reproducible in the
   first seconds on yours (and only yours) machines
 - stop making CD images (our users have all fast and cheap network
   connections, network equipment is falling from the sky, ...)
 - stop working on debconf (who needs? real Debian people hack
   everything with ed)
 - ...

Just my 0.02€

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Windows-Air:
Der Check-In ist super-einfach, das Terminal bunt, die Angestellten alle