Re: Whose bug is this?

In article <[🔎] 20011116015145.E3148@svana.org>,
Martijn van Oosterhout  <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
>But that won't work with the dead NFS server though, because umount will
>attempt to umount the NFS server (and hang) before doing any of the local
>drives.

Well it shouldn't. /etc/init.d/umountnfs.sh uses the '-f' flag to
umount which does:

       -f     Force  unmount  (in case of an unreachable NFS sys-
              tem).  (Requires kernel 2.1.116 or later.)

Mike.
--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
 and I'm not sure about the former" -- Albert Einstein.