Re: Darwin Streaming Server

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 08:51:58PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 11:55:59PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> > > Goto gnu.org and read what free is. non-free means that it does not have a free license.
> >
> > Debian's definition of free is specified by the aptly-named
> > "Debian Free Software Guidelines", not gnu.org.
>
> I have noticed :)  Could someone please explain to me in 50 words or less why free is defined by DFSG and not GNU? What are the
> differences?

This is Debian.  The DFSG define "Free Software" as it applies to the
Debian project.  In particular, the DFSG defines what software is
allowed into the main distribution of Debian [0].

Hope that helps,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.

[0] http://www.debian.org/intro/free