Re: Darwin Streaming Server

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 11:52:17PM -0500, Shaya Potter wrote:
> I don't like being an idiot, but where on that page does it say that its
> "non-free"
>
> to quote the page, the only problem that they have with the license is
>
> "In January 2001, Apple released another version, ASPL 1.2. This version
> fixes two of the fatal flaws, but one still remains: any modified
> version "deployed" in an organization must be published"
>
> I don't believe that makes something "non-free" in Debian's view.

Goto gnu.org and read what free is. non-free means that it does not have a free license.

If software is free, as opossed to some open source license, then changes do not have to be published. I don't want to make it
clear as mud so please, go to www.gnu.org and follow the free software link.

Now, you should have an idea why it is non-free -- you can't do with it as you please. That's the reason why pine is non-free
either. :) [you cannot distribute pine if you change the sources from original].

Hope this clears up the mud,
Adam