Re: Darwin Streaming Server

so basically, since they decide to be a little leniant in some regards,
they are considered DFSG non-free, while if they would have removed the
leniency from the license, they would be considered DFSG free.

I'll be blunt, I find that extremely stupid (or perhaps, I'm just the
stupid one).

In a way, one could say that Perl is not free because since you can
license it under the Artistic License or the GPL, since they are
slightly different, depending on how you license it, you will be treated
differently, therefore since some people (for what ever reason) might be
forced to license it under one or the other, its effectivly
discriminating against them.  This can apply to any multiply licensed
software (mozilla?)

Basically, if I decide to release software I write under a DFSG free
license, albiet a strict one, its considered DFSG free.

If I then decide to lessen the restrictions on a certian class of
individuals, why did I just make my DFSG free license, a DFSG free
license?

shaya