Re: Darwin Streaming Server

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 10:04:46PM -0700, Colin Mattson wrote:
> I believe Shaya may be right here -- the DFSG does not make the same
> provisions as the GNU Free Software definition does.  While GNU's Free Software
> definition rules that you must be able to keep modifications private, the
> Debian Free Software Guidelines have no such provision in their current
> incarnation.
>
> A cursory examination of the proposed updates to DFSG also reveals no such
> provision.

In the event we ever get around to fixing the bug in our vote-counting
mechanism (ask the election-methods guys), and pass a GR saying that
that the DFSG wasn't written by God Himself and that it's not abject
heresy to modify it, I would be in support of such a modification.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     I suspect Linus wrote that in a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     complicated way only to be able to