Re: Should I split the Atari800 package?

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 10:17:14AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > I would use /usr/local, and did with xtrs, a package with a very similar
> > function to yours.
> >

> This is the logical place for control by the sysadmin. The problem is that
> I don't control the communication between admin and user. The user looks
> at my docs to run the program, and the admin can put the roms anywhere, or
> nowhere.

Well, possibly I misunderstand, but the cleanest approach is:

Have a place in /usr/local for ROMs to go.  Possibly symlink it into
the /usr/share directory if that seems natural 'upstream'. Possibly
modify the binary or some default config file to look in that place.

Possibly place some user documentation telling them what's going on.

Jules