unreproducable, but grave bug

Hello,

Is it OK to close a bug just because it is un-reproducible?

In this case (bug #112612) I have tried my best to help the maintainer
understand the bug, but he has closed it with the compliant "reported
doesn't give much info".

What information can I provide that I haven't provided? I have done my
best to provide him the information he has requested, just that
unfortunately none of it seems to be of any use.

Oh... wait... somebody (not the maintainer) sent a message "can you
still reproduce it?" but he *did not send me a copy*!

So maintainers, please don't close a bug report of the basis that the
submitter hasn't replied if you didn't send the question to the
submitter! And please don't say "reported doesn't give much
information" when in this case I was just waiting to provide any
information requested.

Still, it seems like a bad move to close a bug like this when I
haven't said it is fixed. Maybe downgrade it, but closing it?

The bug occurs with mysql-server version 3.23.41-2, will try the
version in unstable (3.23.43-2).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>