Building against testing is good (was: Propossed Project: Odyssey)

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 12:00:37PM -0400, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I believe the default behaviour of the debhelper scripts is responsible
> for this. I've never myself directly specified that my packages depend on
> the latest possible libc, but I do run the latest libc, and so when I
> build my packages, debhelper just picks up that version number.

That is why it is a good idea to build packages on testing instead of
unstable. That way it is much more likely, that the package has all
dependencies resolved and can move to testing, quickly after upload.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --