Re: Virtual package httpd-with-cgi-suppport.

On 23/10/01, Jaime E . Villate wrote:
> It's not a matter of written rules but a matter of cocnvenience; if for
> instance you use "dpkg -l", you can only see the first 15 characters. I also

||/ Name                               Version                            Description
+++-==================================-==================================-====================================================================================
pn  libxml-handler-yawriter-perl       <none>                             (no description available)
    123456789012345678901234567890

Try counting the number of chars in this dpkg output and you will also
notice that it's more then 15 chars (exactly 28 chars). dpkg doesn't
only show 15 chars of the name only. It's just a matter of the having
either a large enough terminal or console. Or just setting COLUMNS
correctly before calling dpkg -l.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)