Re: RFC: upstream-link in the BTS and package descriptions

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 01:51:27AM +0200, Sebastian Rittau wrote:
> But then this bug isn't listed in the Debian BTS, which means that there
> may be duplicate reports and duplicate efforts. Also, I want to learn
> about bugs in my packages, even if I can just forward them upstream. But
> I'm also often able to fix them, make a patch in my next upload, and
> forward this patch. Finally, I expect Debian package maintainers to be
> in better contact with a particular package's upstream than the random
> bug submitter.

True.
I must agree with you there, as long as the package maintainer
really forwards the bug report/wishlist item to upstream.

--
Peter Mathiasson
E-Mail: peter@mathiasson.nu

pub  1024D/7BF2F228 2001-10-13 Peter Mathiasson <peter@mathiasson.nu>
     Key fingerprint = A9A7 F8F6 9821 F415 B066  77F1 7FF5 C2E6 7BF2 F228
sub  2048g/3EFEABA4 2001-10-13 [expires: 2002-10-13]