Re: Euro symbol and XFree

#include <hallo.h>
Branden Robinson wrote on Sun Oct 21, 2001 um 09:38:19PM:

> > The only way to solve "I need plenty of Latin-9 fonts but I don't
> > want to install other fonts" problem is to supply separate packages
> > for all encodings (xfonts-iso8859-1, xfonts-iso-8859-2, xfonts-koi8-r,
> > xfonts-jisx0208, ...) but I think this idea is stupid.
>
> I agree.

Please explain. Many people have slow network connection and complain
about monsters like xfonts-100dpi-transcoded. I think spliting into
group packages matching the number of users in each group would be much
better. Ie. central-europe, east-europe, japaneese, koi8. The size of
each package should be kept <<3meg.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Zum 1.000.001. Mal: Jedes Programm, das kompliziertere Funktionen
bietet als Space Invaders verlangt eine 'zeitraubende intensive